1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has stood as a powerful symbol of the Presidency, the United States government and the American people for over 200 years. In December 1790 President George Washington signed an Act of Congress declaring that the federal government would reside in a district not exceeding 10 miles square on the river Potomac. Irish born James Hoban won the competition to find a builder of the President's House.
This model shows the front door approached via the north portico The scale of the pillars and quality of detailing denote its status and authority. The fine details on the model were captured from elevation plans and photographs taken by Architect/ Historian Timothy Richards of Bath England. Lead castings were used for the door handles, which were then hand painted in gold. Weight: 4.5 lbs.
Dimensions: 8″ x 6.5″ x 2.5″